ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM677, dead or alive???

I was looking through Ian Smith's web-site several years ago to see what had become of the Routemasters I had driven in the Kelvin Central fleet in Glasgow, at least two are still in Scotland, John Lydiate's RM606 at the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum in Lathalmond just outside Dunfermline and Gary Conn & Martin Gurr's RM910 is based at the Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust in Bridgeton. RMs 1933 & 1941 are back in service in London on the Heritage 15, other returnees to the Capital are RMs357 now fully restored and owned by Ted Price, & 371 which is now part of the Ensignbus Private Hires fleet, with forum owner Chris Dobbing owning RM471.

Unfortunately others weren't so lucky and I found that many of them had ended up in PVS being subsequently scrapped including RM367, the bus I drove on the "Kelvin Central Routemaster Farewell Tour", it was sad as most of these buses had been in decent mechanical nick.

Amongst these casualties was RM677, another bus I had been fond of and would have considered purchasing for preservation if I had been made aware at the time they had been available for sale.

Imagine my surprise then when I discovered on another web-site that not only is RM677 apparently alive and well with it's WLT 677 registration restored, but it is owned by an A Francis, Chepstow, Mon. The link for this site is : http://www.self-preservation-society.co.uk/jotter/history/rm.shtml.

Does anyone know the owner as I would like to find out if RM677 is still with us and contact it's owner?

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner), RML2358/RCL2223 (Driver)

Re: RM677, dead or alive???

I think that this report may have been confused with RM1677 as this name (A Francis) was attributed to this RM. It was reported that the bus was scrapped possibly in 2008.

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Thanks Andrew.

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner), RML2358/RCL2223 (Driver)

Andrew Morgan
I think that this report may have been confused with RM1677 as this name (A Francis) was attributed to this RM. It was reported that the bus was scrapped possibly in 2008.

Records suggest that RM 677 was scrapped by PSV in 1995. The RM records on the old bus site are at best out of date and in many cases totally misleadinng.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 and 15 RTs