ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Little Green Book

The March 1967 Rule Book makes for entertaining reading!

General Rules 15, 16 and 17 make it perfectly clear what sort of behaviour was expected.

Surprisingly Rule 33 details a special exemption for spirits from north of the border.

Seriously though, where were these scotches used and are they used nowadays?

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

CB&C and CRS rule books

The two rule books were very similar but often the country buses had one or more extra rules so the numbers often didn't match. Often used rules for didipline were (CB&C in brackets):

10(10)sign on late
11(11)failing to check the bus
12(12)deliberate mechanical
14(14)doing anything they shouldn't
15(15)demeanour (especialy to an Official)
19(19)unauthorised refreshment(tea+toast)
21(21)failing to stop(bumping stops)
23(24)early running
24(25)failing to maintain headway(late running without cause)
28(29)failure to display correct destination
32(32)unattended buses(conjuction with R19)

Oh happy days

Claire

My bus number (if any): 2330 etc.

Re: CB&C and CRS rule books

Don't know about where they were used in the country area but scotches were certainly used at the Crystal Palace terminus of the 154 and 157, although AFAIR neither was RM operated.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960, RMC 1458 and 15 RTs

Re: CB&C and CRS rule books

There is a good photo of a wheel scotch in use with RLH 13 in the book 'London's 1950 Buses - a class album', on page 60.
The bus is on Country route 359 and is parked at Amersham Station.

My bus number (if any): RLH 62