ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Battery Cover

I am about to make some Battery Covers, I need one for 13 and one for 1797, if anyone is interested.
Not sure on cost yet.

My bus number (if any): RM13

Re: Battery Cover

Great idea Rob. It might be worth contacting Greengate Fabrications who made some of mine.

If they still supply them at a reasonable cost it maight save some effort.

Do anyone know where you can get the inner fibreglass panels that fit inside the outer battery cover panel?

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

I contacted Greengate, they make them to order, cost £165.48 + vat + postage, if you need them with the 2 screws in its an extra £40.00.
I am sure they will not cost that price!! I recon £50.00 max, but I may be wrong.

They also make platform timbers, a set of 3 costs £218.40 + vat + delivery.

I made a batch of 10 sets in hard wood before christmas, no wonder they have all gone. I did not charge for them.

Rob

Thanks for the research Rob. I'd like two covers if you are arranging to make a batch, thanks again, Chris

I can also say that the hardwood platform edge timbers are absolutely perfect.

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

I had a great one made by Busworks as part of the refurb of RM2186 a few years ago. It was made in-house and was a great fit utilising the old screws etc.

Might be worth getting a quote from Stuart at Busworks as well.

My bus number (if any): SMA13

Chris - Lionel Moss had some of the inner battery covers at Cobham last year - may be worth a call

My bus number (if any): RML2747 & W Gash DD6

I spoke to Bus Works today, they put me on to Greengates, not a lot of good.
I can do the Battery Cover for under £50.00 in kit form, but you will need to reuse the 2 bottom brackets and the top screws and cups.
I have got a batch of 10 under way.

Rob