ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paint, please help

I am really struggling to find a correct paint code for 'Flake Grey'.

If anyoneknow please let me know

thanks

Andy

My bus number (if any): RM2059, RMC1490, RML2515, RMA14, RF48, RF397

Re: Paint, please help

I've just sent you an e-mail on this Andy, hope David can help you.

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner), RML2358/RCL2223 (Driver)

hi Graham, havent recieved anything however I missed off the m in email address should be leyland2059@aol.com

My bus number (if any): RM2059, RMC1490, RML2515, RMA14, RF48, RF397

The e-mail got sent back Andy, System Administrator error, I'll try again.

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner), RML2358/RCL2223 (Driver)

I too have had trouble finding a modern equivalent code for Flake Grey - plenty of LT ones but none recogniseable by paint suppliers.

My bus number (if any): RML2747 & W Gash DD6

Let's try and nail this once and for all. Lists of LT part numbers and colour names in this day and age are useful only to bus historians, a lot of the suppliers of "LT paint" no longer exist and paints have changed in their content, format and means of application. However, it is also now possible to match most colours exactly, the trick is to get the right colour to match in the first place! What might be useful is for anyone who has matched successfully a LT colour to tell everyone where they got it and what it was. We have a brilliant red which is a very good match for the LT red and the colour band on our RTs but its a French brand and not available in the UK so I cannot help in that respect.

My bus number (if any): RMC 1458, RTL 960 and 15 RTs

Hello again,

we decided to hand-paint our RML in LT red. It would be useful if someone could tell me where they bought their colour and what name it was.

Thanks!
Tonia

My bus number (if any): RML2386

Hi Tonia,
RML2391 was painted with HMG brush enamel .
London bus red gloss , SAH300 mixed paint (SAH3001) , number L 18418

HMG are based in Manchester but their paint is available around the country , check their website or contact them for details , mine was done in Milton Keynes (just off junc14 M1)

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Hi Mark,

thanks for your post, I will check this out.

Chheers
Tonia

My bus number (if any): RML2386

HI Andy
I had some Flake Grey mixed by Morrelli Paints about 10 years ago but Im not sure if they still exist.
The branch I had mine done was Sothgate.
Dave

My bus number (if any): RF 503