ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Possible Meet and day out?

In the past owners in the Northampton, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire area have met up for a chat and a cup of tea every now and then.
Would anyone be interested in meeting at The Shuttleworth Collection at Old Walden in Bedfordshire on Sunday the 7th Feb. all buses would be welcome, in the morning?
I have contacted them, they would be happy to see us, they have an excellent restaurant where we can have a cup of tea and a chat, as I am sure there is lots to talk about.
Let me know your thoughts.

Rob

My bus number (if any): RM13

Re: Possible Meet and day out?

I'll be there!

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

I'll try to be there.

I don't have as much confidence as Chris that everything will start up correctly after the winter.

My bus number (if any): RML2644

Hope to be there - could anyone confirm access arrangements for a d/d - are there any height restrictions?

My bus number (if any): RM1699 Eastbourne Regent V 69 (KHC369)

There is no problem with access, or height restrictions if you come via the A1, and turn off at Biggleswade, the Sainsburys Roundabout.
I took the family there last summer with RM1797, it was a good day out.
Not sure about coming in the other way, I have looked on Google Earth, seems a lot of trees.

Rob

All being well I'll be there with RML2391 . Hopefully Chris is still bringing his gear to recharge accumilaters.

Need to beware if coming from Bedford side as there a couple of low bridges and very narrow lanes in the area.

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Bus meet at Shuttleworth Collection

Just a short note to bring this event to the top. Quite a few RMs now expected on Sunday morning, 7th February. I am taking my Nitrogen accumulator charging equipment if anyone attending needs a top up.

This Sunday (31st January) I'm taking RM2213 to the Steam Gala at Great Central Railway, leaving Wansford Station (NVR) at 08.00. returning at 19.00. Anybody interested is welcome to join us. Details here

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 & RM2213

Re: Bus meet at Shuttleworth Collection

Just a note.
As well as Routemasters, there will be an RT and RF in attendance all being well.

Rob

Roughly what time is everyone aiming to be there?

My bus number (if any): RML2644

Shuttleworth opens at 9.30 on Sunday, I guess I will be there at 10-10.30 ish.
I know of at least 7 buses attending,
Should be a good day.
Rob

Hello mr Dobbing and Mr Duker ,I was reading about your meet up tomorrow at old warden as a routemaster fan and a fan of lt in general i was wondering if it is ok to come along and see the buses and join in the chat.I live in St Albans so it isn't far for me to travel.If someone could get back to me on the forum I would be grateful regards Jim Gilroy

My bus number (if any): n/a

Hi Jim,
Can't see why not , Old Warden is open to everyone including members of the public viewing the planes etc
mark

Really nice trip out , shame it was a bit cold and damp . Good to see everyone and the ladies that braved it as well ! No doubt the buses' benefitted from blowing the cobwebs out . Pleased to say RML2391 behaved all day , but a bit embarassing that she was the dustiest on show !
Big thank you to Chris for recharging 2391's brakes.

Now, how about trip to seaside ? Was going to suggest Blackpool but I've been with 2391 and I know Chris has been a couple of times , so how about run out to Hunstanton , BUT in the Summer ?

Mark , RML2391

Bus meet at Shuttleworth Collection

Great to see RM188, RM471, RM1699, RM1797, RML 2350, RML 2391 and RML 2644 out on a cold grey February day and a useful opportunity to discuss things relevant to their owners.

Here they all are.

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213