ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
London Transport Museum Films on-line

I noticed in today's Guardian that the London Transport Museum has started to put some of its films online.

http://www.ltmcollection.org/films/index.html

All That Mighty Heart (1962) (mostly RTs) and London On The Move (1970) both feature buses as well as tubes. All the films are delightful and typical British Transport Films of the period.

They look and sound great on your PC screen.

Enjoy...

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 & RM2213

Re: London Transport Museum Films on-line

For those on You Tube, the Overhaul film can be seen although under the guise of a BBC trade test, its in 2 parts, although filmed in 1958 the principles of overhaul for the RTs were the same as for the RM. The full BTF film can be seen on "The London Bus" DVD which also includes the 9 Road all RMs and the skid patch at Chiswick again with an RM. There is a longer version of this film on a DVD under the guise of British Buses 2007 or 2008 with a new soundtrack but unfortunately the editing of this film has been poorly undertaken and a totally inaccurate view of the overhaul process is the result, with Chiswick's sub assembly shops seemingly moved next to the Chassis Line at Aldenham amongst its worst errors.

My bus number (if any): RMC 1458, RM 1585, RTL 960 and 15 RTs