ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM70 for sale

£25,000 is crazy money as the owner of RM2186 had to reduce his asking price to £17,500 despite his bus being in pristine condition and certainly in far better nick than RM70.

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner), RML2358/RCL2223 (Driver)

Re: RM70 for sale

Hi

World of a difference between the two different buses which is why there's a world of a difference between the two prices.

Whether the asking price will be paid is a different matter!

Claire :

My bus number (if any): 2330 etc.

I travelled on RM2186 at the Kirkby Stephen Rally a couple of years ago Claire and the bus bus was immaculate. Seeing photos of RM70 with the front roof dent and the steering wheel down to bare metal by comparison, 2186 is in far superior condition. I think RM70's owner is going to have to take a reality check and reduce the asking price by at least 5K.

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner), RML2358/RCL2223 (Driver)

Can I please politely ask that we don't go down the road of another forum where the world and his wife had an opinion as to what an RM was worth and how much money owners should be asking for any particular buses.

Its nobody's business other than the owner's and the market will dictate if the price is too high.

My bus number (if any): RMC 1458, RM 1585, RTL 960 and 15 RTs

Well said Brian!

Andy

My bus number (if any): RM2059, RMC1490, RML2515, RMA14, RF48, RF397