ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wireing Diagram

Dear All,
I have no N/S lower lights, flourecent type and i am wondering where to start. My vehicle was a London Central refub. If anyone has a wireing diagram i would be greatful.
Many thanks.

My bus number (if any): RM 1058

Re: Wireing Diagram

Paul - presumably you know that half of the lights don't come on if the engine and headlights are off, to save power?

My bus number (if any): RML2302

Brian Jennings
Paul - presumably you know that half of the lights don't come on if the engine and headlights are off, to save power?

i.e. they are powered by the alternator charging circuit.

If not that (as you say only l/sal) then check wires into switches or even switches at rear by conductors locker.

Mark

My bus number (if any): RM1414 sort of

If Mark and Brian's suggestions don't cure the problem, Rob Duker was getting some copies made of the original diagrams a couple of years back, so he might be worth a try. Also there is a commercial supplier of diagrams for the refurbs, see here for details:
http://www.thermmanual.com/

My bus number (if any): RMC 1458, RM 1585, RTL 960 and 15 RTs

Re: Wiring Diagram

The London Central refurbs were only rewired where it encroached on the primary circuits, ie: engine bay, charging system and speedo. The body wiring was not touched, only tapped into to give a feed to the new flourescent lights. I know this from when we rebuilt RM 928.

My bus number (if any): RM 912 & RML 2455

Re: Wiring Diagram

hi paul i had the same problem with a refurd rml and it was the main feed wire from behind the offside bench seat to the main light switch it was worn through as it passed through the bulkhead causing it to thin the wire out enough not to be able to draw enough current to start both sides hope that helps if you need anymore advice feel free to give me a call on 07881897945.regards tim.

My bus number (if any): rm2023 2097 @rml2388