ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemaster Display

Hi all ,
There is the chance to display your Routemaster at a major Railway open day at Railcare Wolverton (Milton Keynes) Its taking place over the weekend 14th/15th August this year . I've been asked to put together a display of Routemasters for this event . Anyone interested in attending this 2 day event please contact me . Numbers are strictly limited .
I can be emailed m.allin@sky.com

Thanks

Mark RML2391

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Re: Routemaster Display

Just bringing this back to the top again .
Could anyone who wishes to be part of the railcare display please email me (m.allin@sky.com) so I can confirm numbers etc .

Also , the organizer would like to run a shuttle service Wolverton station - wolverton works - town centre car park about 1 1/2 miles , is there anyone with appropriate licence and insurance etc that would be interested in doing this ? Sort of mini running day ?

Thanks

Mark RML2391

Just to add 3 buses will be required for the shuttle .
Email me for more info about the shuttle and how it will work.
thanks
Mark

If anyone is interested , I could do with another routemaster for the display at Wolverton railcare open day on the Saturday if anyone else just wants to do one day .
I could also fit a couple more in anyone wants to come both days

Cheers

Mark , RML2391

Regret to advise that the open day has been 'postponed' due to poor advance ticket sales

Mark

I hope this happens next year and we can bring 188 up to display or better still work on the service.

My bus number (if any): RM 188

They are saying next summer . Everything is to be reviewed to see why the ticket sales are low . As soon as I hear its on I'll post details on here .
As for the shuttle , its a bit of a grey area as its an event you have to pay to go in which although you're doing a free service will fall foul of hire and reward regs so I'm told . I would imagine it can be overcome if someone with an O licence who wishes to do it . I'm out of my depth when it comes to this area !
Would be nice if the RMOOA got on board with this and we could make a 1/2 decent routemaster event , Steve Bunda moved his event to MK bus station which is only a couple of miles down the road , would make a useful added attraction to the open day on the sun .