ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM238's 50th birthday celebrations

RM238 was first registered on 10th March 1960. We celebrated her 50th birthday by dressing her up and taking her for a curry. "Henrietta" (her name when operated by Bucks Free Press) didn't come into the restaurant but the rest of us enjoyed the evening enormously.

Here's to the next 50 years!

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

Re: RM238's 50th birthday celebrations

Chris Dobbing
RM238 was first registered on 10th March 1960. We celebrated her 50th birthday by dressing her up and taking her for a curry. "Henrietta" (her name when operated by Bucks Free Press) didn't come into the restaurant but the rest of us enjoyed the evening enormously.

Here's to the next 50 years!

Happy 50TH Birthday to Henrietta Chris, hopefully I'll still own my old girl Roxy five years from now and give her a party to celebrate her Half-Century.

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner), RMLs891, 2358, 2432, 2697/RCL2223 (Driver)

RM238 looks great Chris, we certainly did a good job cleaning her in the freezing cold!! The curry was excellent!
Here's to a successful year of activities with the "fleet", and looking forward to RM471's 50th birthday celebrations in the autumn.

My bus number (if any): Senior conductor/bus cleaner RM238, RM471, RM2213.

238's 50th, and she looks great in the Red Livery!
Well done to You, Dave & James for making good job of cleaning her in the cold. The curry was very good and thanks for inviting me!
For my First year working with you all i am thoroughly enjoying it, and looking forward to my second year too.
cant wait for RM471's 50th birthday celebrations later this year!

My bus number (if any): RML2424

r u taking her to cobham

My bus number (if any): rm1562

She does look very nice-good Blackpool paint job helps a bit ! You all did an excellent job , so good that as a special treat I'll bring RML2391 over for you to do , 2nd weekend in July ok !!

On another note , what weekends over the next few months are you running a service to/from the nene valley rly ?

Cheers
Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391