ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cobham Pictures

I've just viewed some rather nice photographs from a few people on 'The Other Channel which make me realise it's some time since I last went to a rally and Cobham in particular. Nice to see.

There is also some rather small minded & vile insulting stuff on the site which reminds me just how good this site can be when free of that sort of nonsense and why I no longer contribute to what otherwise would be a most interesting and complimentary site.
Such a shame, I suppose it takes all sorts etc.. etc..

Re: Cobham Pictures

Hiya

Having been banished for all eternity from there it's no longer a problem for me.

Regards

Claire :-)

My bus number (if any): 2330 etc.

Hi,

I would just like to add that me and Duane managed to get RM308 to Cobham (from Swansea) and i must say it has vastly changed since i was last at this rally. RM308 last made Cobham in 1997.
There was many a Routemaster that i hadn't seen for a few years. I found the site at Wisley to be one of the best spaced out rallies ive been to where buses were allowed enough space as not to be parked on top of one another.

In response to the 'Other Channel' comment by Jack Norrie to be honest i had thought it had been closed down last year (i certainly cant access it even when i sign in). I use to find the other site to be very good but as has been mentioned it sometimes degenerated into insults and the such like. Why cant we just get on and enjoy our love for the Routemaster without resulting to insults.

I hope that this site can be just as good if not better, one thing i have certanly missed is the day to day comments on our beloved Routemasters and the pictures that were put up.

What i would like to say is that i had some really good and positive comments regarding RM308. I would like add that RM308 will be having another repaint in the very near future due to some scratches and dents that have happened since the repaint last year.

My bus number (if any): RM308

As posted on the other Channel
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Martin D

My bus number (if any): RML2583 RM1357

Hi, I was to be bannished from the event, and was sure to bannish all from the event, when my D'arcy gave up on the roundabout at junction 10. I then shared the bad luck with a kind vintage tow truck driver who towed me up the slip road on to the A3 stradling both lanes when his wagon gave up too. Another vintage tow truck pulled in front of my bus to rescue me not realising my bus was still attached to the tow truck in front so he got stuck between us, (now blocking 2and a half lanes and we waited until the 3rd tow truck got in front of the first one to sort the mess out which was rather amusing, like something out of "on the busses" and many photographers snapped away at the unusual site! So there was grid lock for a little while and a mention on the radio! But my bus never got into the rally site propperly!

Fortunately she is getting the needed TLC from a nice chap in shoreham! Thanks Neil.

http://aec.fotopic.net/p64294242.html

My bus number (if any): RML2393

Hi Kingsley,
Sorry to hear about your breakdown , what was the problem ? Just in case anyone else has similar problem .

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391