ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ENQUIRY

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION PLEASE IN RESPECT OF RML 2616 DESTINATION & SERVICE NUMBER WHEN WITH STAGECOACH EAST LONDON WHEN IT WORKED FOR LODON TRANSPORT. ANY PHOTOS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
REGARDS BRIAN.

My bus number (if any): RML 2616

Re: ENQUIRY

BRIAN THOMPSON
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION PLEASE IN RESPECT OF RML 2616 DESTINATION & SERVICE NUMBER WHEN WITH STAGECOACH EAST LONDON WHEN IT WORKED FOR LONDON TRANSPORT. ANY PHOTOS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
REGARDS BRIAN.

Hi Brian, flickr photo for you of RML2616: http://www.flickr.com/photos/co-ophistory/3675882695/sizes/o/

RML2616's last London Garage was Upton Park, it ran on the 15 Paddington Station - East Ham route and was allocated there between July 1992 & its withdrawal on 29TH of August 2003, (11 years, 1 month). I am actually looking at a photo of 2616 taken in March 1993 when it is heading for Canning Town, it is on Page 239 of the "London's Routemaster Garage Allocations (1956-2005)" book. Don't know if you are also aware Brian that your bus regained its original Body 2616 on its third overhaul at Aldenham. This is information I sourced from the Routemaster Body Swaps book, both publications are available at the London Transport Museum.

RML2616 NML 616E 5/67 new to Aldenham
5/67 J into store (Holloway)
6/67 J new to service on 14
68-9 J
5/70 J to Aldenham repaint and return
9/71 HT transfer (Holloway: J closes)
72-3 HT
1/74 HT into store
3/74 HT ..and out
7/74 HT to Aldenham overhaul
7/74 AF from o/h, B2631 (Putney)
from last o/h with B2616
1991 fitted with Cummins engine
1992 refurbished
9/94 U privatised to Stagecoach East London
12/97 U Stagecoach East London
1/00 U Stagecoach East London
2001 U
4/03 U into store: cannibalised
7/03 U restored, returned to service
8/03 SD withdrawn into store at Stratford
9/03 sold to Ensign Bus
1/04 bought by Transit Group (Buntingford), for Milton Keynes service T1
4/04 used on Stevenage 177
5-6/05 used on Stevenage 177

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner),/RCL2223 (Driver)

Hi Graham,
Many thanks for the enclosed picture & information. Looks like it was in trouble with the the bonett up!!
the information is greatly appreciated. Thankyou for your time & trouble.
I willhave to see if I can find some relevant blinds.
Thanks Brian.

My bus number (if any): RML 2616

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

BRIAN THOMPSON
Hi Graham,
Many thanks for the enclosed picture & information. Looks like it was in trouble with the the bonnet up!!
the information is greatly appreciated. Thankyou for your time & trouble.
I will have to see if I can find some relevant blinds.
Thanks Brian.

Happy to help a fellow-Routemaster owner Brian, especially someone who is new to Routemaster ownership. If you are also wanting to fit the bus with a new offside illuminated advertisement like the one it carried when that photo was taken many years ago, I was speaking to Tim Barrington at last week's Manchester Bus Museum London Bus Day and Tim still manufactures them.

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner),/RCL2223 (Driver)