ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
panel beeding

Hi all would anyone have for sale the panel beeding what holds the lower outside panels? i need all of it, as all of it was taken off at pvs many thanks
Tony

My bus number (if any): Rm 997

Re: panel beeding

Tony
Hi all would anyone have for sale the panel beading what holds the lower outside panels? I need all of it, as all of it was taken off at PVS many thanks
Tony

Is this not something that Phil Higgs and his team at Blackpool Busworks could manufacture for you Tony?

My bus number (if any): RML2271

Re: panel beeding

PAG in Hanwell can fabricate this stuff from copying the originals or from the RM/RML body drawings which the LTM hold. This gives all the hole positions.

The Beading/strapping differs in profile in one or two places and there are one or two cast pieces too.
Otherwise it is make your own,
I did this on and RT once. Made up a template using strips of hardboard measured and copied from another bus and then numbered and offered in on the work bus to fine check.
Took about 4 hours a side to make the lot.

Re: panel beading

I can't think of any cast bits off hand but there are at least four different types of Strap plate and moulding if you discount light surrounds. For information on Routemasters there is no beading,they ae either mouldings which go horizontally or strap plates which go vertically. The two waist mouldings and above window mouldings on the top deck are heavier section than the strap plates. There is also the half round moulding used for the advert position. Both types of strap plates are similar in section and profile except those behind the side adverts have countersunk holes. Best bet is to get back to PVS and se if you can get a sample of each and try the people Jack suggests. There are a couple you will find hard to replicate, those around the rear U/S window pans and rear dome for a start so try and get those from PVS if you can.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: panel beading

The most difficult to obtain or copy will be surely the two wiggly bits at the extreme front of the front wheelarches.