ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cloth Fuel filters

Anyone know a supplier of the cloth fuel filters used in the fuel filter in the engine compartment? I think I saw a reference to these being sold at places like Cobham. If no supplier is available anyone know the specification? In LT days it was "like canteen Tea towel!!"

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: Cloth Fuel filters

http://www.rmoof.co.uk/Filter%20Details.htm

These people that Mark Allin found are very good. I bought cloth filters from them last year.

Hope you are having better weather in Clermont Ferrand than I am in Peterborough!

Cheers, Chris

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

Thnks Chris. Anyone know if the AEC RM fuel filter one is the same as for the RT/RTL as I am not able to go and look at them at the moment being miles awaay from our buses

Answering my own question, Mike Lloyd of the CLB says the cloth filter for the RM AEC engine fits the RT, RTL, RTW, MB, and SM classes. I have enquired as to prices etc

Hi Brian,

The company who still supply is called Filtration Control. Although the part number has changed they are very helpful.

Andy

I have sent them an enqury Andy, qouting the old numbers, however the link to them from ROOF is not right, it should be sales@filtrationcontrol.com

Filtration Control Ltd.

Andy

My bus number (if any): RM2059, RML2515, RCL2243, NGT RCN701, RF48, RF392, RF462, RF556, RML2354

I have spoken to them this morning Andy thanks, and they told me the part number for the cloth fuel filter on the RM AEC engine is "on their system" as stated FCL 7100. maybe the other part numbers have changed, not had a price yet though. I heard that a bloke used to sell them at Cobham a couple of years back from an RM converted to a woerkdhop? for £1 a time, bet they are more than that now!!

Filtration Control - email link changed

Thanks for the correct email for Filtration Control. I've changed the link on the RmOOF website.

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

Hi Brian,

You are quite right, Don Allmey used to sell the filters from the back of converted RM66 at £1 a throw...

Andy

My bus number (if any): RM2059, RML2515, RCL2243, NGT RCN701, RF48, RF392, RF462, RF556, RML2354