ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RCL blind box glass and rubber

Desperately seeking the glass and rubber for the two-piece style of front blind box as fitted to the RCL class. Would be happy to hear from anyone with a set for sale, or can point me in the right direction. Stu

My bus number (if any): RMA 14

Re: RCL blind box glass and rubber

Is the aluminium panel thickness and windows size different from standard RMs? Otherwise Baines or Woolies for the rubber and PSV for the glass.

http://www.rmoof.co.uk/Routemaster%20Glass.htm

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

Stuart
I am not sure PSV glass do the RCL front frame glass as an RM part,its bigger than the rear/side door glass which the RMCs used, but they will have the destination glass as its standard. However is the oute number.intermediate the same size as a Metro bus or Titan?
You could get a piece cut by a glass merchant, might be cheaper, its only ordinary window glass or you might find it better to use Perspex instead of glass as this was the trend in the latter years of RM operations.

I doubt you will find the original lipped glazing rubber its no longer made, but it was replaced on RMs by the same laced glass rubber as used on the DMs so you can easily find a pattern for that and try as suggested Woolies or Baines.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Converted DMS types had the stock of RCL glass utilised by other operators.
I recall MB/SM/RC/RP all used the same part as well