ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RMs (&RTs) coming home from Canada

Heartening to see that Roger Wright is repatriating 11 buses from Prince Edward Island, Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2010/04/29/pei-london-bus-charlottetown-tour-584.html

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

Re: RMs (&RTs) coming home from Canada

I would like to thank Roger for repatriating these london buses back home and to Lionel for his work in keeping them on the road. My final thanks go to Shirley Murphy and her late husband Conn for looking after these buses so well.

My bus number (if any): RM737

I saw these buses back in the 90s and they looked brand new then and they still are today
great news and yes well done Roger and hope they arrive safely from there epic journey

RMs (&RTs) coming home from Canada

I've heard that 13 buses have arrived at Seaforth, Liverpool on 12th May. 2 RMs and 13 RTs.

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

Abegweit Tours had 11 ex-London Transport buses in their fleet, all of which Roger Wright purchased. This breaks down as 7 RT, 2 RTL, 2 RM.

The are:

RT 714 JXC 77
RT 961 KGU 235
RT 2129 KGK 938
RT 4188 LYF 247
RT 4424 NXP 778
RT 4548 OLD 768
RT 4772 OLD 559
RTL1076 LUC 253
RTL1105 LUC 315
RM 1371 371 CLT
RM 1620 620 DYE

Hope this is of some use.

Jim

My bus number (if any): RLH 62

I can confirm from my visit this afternoon to Seaforth container terminal, Liverpool, that 9 RTs and 2 RMs are sitting gleaming on the dockside, a quite unbelievable sight. They are clearly visible from Derby Road, the main Liverpool to Southport trunk road, sitting in a restricted area awaiting customs clearence.

I believe that the RT/RMs are leaving Liverpool on Monday 17th all drivers are leaving London early to drive them down.

If anyone spots them heading south please give me a call on 07981233470 , would be a nice convoy to video through Northants
Thanks
Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

A friend of mine wants to drive towards them and "greet" them. If you want to join him on his bus give him a call now! He starts at Rochester but I don´t know how far he wants to drive. 07985474622

Have fun!

My bus number (if any): RML2386