ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"New Routemaster"

"New Routemaster" unveiled

http:/news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/engine/london/8685486.stm

Regards
Chris Stanley

My bus number (if any): RMC1500 / RF489

Re: "New Routemaster"

I've just seen it on ITV3 news. What an ugly and very pricey b*gg*r. And I'll bet it'll cost a fortune to fix any damage. It's a long long way from the old girls we all know and love and can mend with a bag of spanners.

My bus number (if any): RM1001

Mike Smith
I've just seen it on ITV3 news. What an ugly and very pricey b*gg*r. And I'll bet it'll cost a fortune to fix any damage. It's a long long way from the old girls we all know and love and can mend with a bag of spanners.

It is something that could well cause Boris Johnson his second term as Mayor Mike. In no way can that abomination be called a "New Generation Routemaster". THIS is the design Boris should go for if he wants to keep the London public on-side and secure a second term as Mayor, as not only does it have at least a partial half-cab but also intermediate Destination information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GepIiXF1RT4&feature=related

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner)

It's almost there, innovative, different. But not quite.
Why are designers sometimes so thick? A glass staircase? Perverts delight. No skirt wearing woman or die hard Scotsman will ever go up the stairs! It'll cause car crashes!

Why do they also think a rear window is uneccesary? It's a real bugbear with buses already.

Yet again the utterly crap destination displays with total lack of via info and use of Red and Black which makes it heavy looking and more like a pillar box.
It needs a relief band to lighten it.
Compare the RM with almost and modern bus and it looks lighter and brighter.

But tweaked a bit and it might just be an improvement on what we already have.

But the biggest must....proper comfortable seats!

Moderation

I've decided to moderate a thread on this forum for the first time since I restarted it three years ago as a direct response to several requests from regular contributors.

Some recent replies had not complied with the clear statement at the top of the page about not using ROOF to publicise their feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy.

There is an opportunity to have this sort of discussion elsewhere on the Internet. The majority of regular contributors to ROOF prefer to restrict use to the mature discussion of issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners, recently extended to owners of other London buses of the 1950s, 60s and 70s.

I apologise to anyone offended by this action and hope that this will not include any respected regular contributors.

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213