ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts Wanted

Hello all,
I am after the following parts for an RM:

2x interior original bulb terminals
2x window winder handles, plus inners
1x near side upper deck seat with clamp point for a pole
1x off side upper deck seat with clamp point for pole
5x poles with mounting brackets to ceiling, for upper deck
1x bell rope for lower deck or substitute

I also need to replace the pole on the top deck at the top of the stairs as this has been hacked off just above the hand rail. I think this means I need to remove the entire length of pole and replace?

I also need to replace the front lower destination blind glass (termination) and the front nearside destination glass (via info)

Many thanks

Bell cord & glass

You can get John Clarke to make you a good bell rope. John Clarke, mailto:john@acpd.com 16 Earlswood Close, Bedgrove Park, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP21 7PG. telephone 01296 421000 evenings after 19.00 hours.

The glass is available from stock from PSV Glass, details here. Their prices are very reasonable and they deliver free next day.

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 & RM2213

Re: Bell cord & glass

Light fittings are very hard to come by since every one wanted to take the fluorescents off and revert to bulbs, there have been some on Ebay from time to time.

For the seats and stanchions get up to PVS Barnsley, there is a bus full of them. If you need the cups, get the right ones as they changed type, later buses have a much longer stanchion cup with no spacer. There might be some winding handles still there. If John Clarke has a bell cord for an RM that would be easier, if not I might have one, you want the yellow one I presume? Consider using Perspex for the destination glasses, a lot easier to fit than break glass.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Thanks very much Chris and Brain for your help. Do you have contact details for PSV Barnsley and address?
Many thanks

Web site appears to be down, contact is P.V.S. Barnsley Ltd, Boulder Bridge Lane, Carlton, Barnsley,
S71 3HJ. For a map look at T Wigley's site http://www.twigley.com/contact.htm

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: PVS

Site seems OK now Brian http://pvsbuses.com/

My bus number (if any): RML2302