ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
flashers u/s

Hi folks....Any of you electrical boffins out there......When I purchased RM446 from Holloway the indicators didn't work. The duty mechanic stated they had removed a part during the week and they had no spares. So hand signals had to suffice on the journey up to Newark! Exciting!!!! Help is needed. The CAV aluminium box is in its' cubbyhole. I have changed it but no flashers.The switch on the dash is unconventional....much smaller and black plastic, with red light. So where does the circuit feed from and where to first? Is it fused; if so where? Is it possible to test the CAV box? I can test the dashboard switch but will replace it with a standard one. Cheers Ian.

My bus number (if any): RM446 and RM765

Re: flashers u/s

Ian
Talk to Rob Duker, he has copies of the original wiring diagram for the RM. When you get that you can see what might be missing, but if a unit was taken chances are it was the flasher unit itself.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs