ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Green RF for sale

Green RF for sale on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AEC-REGAL-IV-GREEN-RF-636-1953-BUS-REG-NO-NLE-636-/140419702867?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Minibuses_Buses_Coaches&hash=item20b1aaa053

My bus number (if any): RML2747 & W Gash DD6

Re: Green RF for sale

Yes I saw that, this is the one saved from Wombwell then sold to Steve Bunda and then sold for use as a smoking lounge for a pub but that idea was declared illegal. Not sure about it only being one of three converted to OPO though, this one and many of the country area RFs were converted to OMO in 1957.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Engine is decribed as being in A1 condition! That's a larf, presumably it 'runs sweet as a nut'.
With results from an engine oil analysis, a record of hot and cold oil pressure, cylinder compression readings and the results of a full dyno test and associated monitoring of exhaust emissions, oil, coolant and exhaust temperatures, then maybe you are entitled to describe it as such;otherwise no.

This bus is one of the "wide-cabbed" RF's which were delivered for OMO use on the 419 as an experiment. Later OMO conversions did not have a modified cab but were merely provisioned for fare collection by the driver and had the drivers signal window modified to provide a secondary means of escape in an emergency.

My bus number (if any): RM912 & RML2455

Being slightly pedantic as I said earlier RF 636 was not one of the buses delivered equipped with an enclosed cab for OMO operation, they were RFs 517 (later re-numbered RF 697) 647 and 700. The original body numbers that received these OMO cabs were 8694, 8824 and 8877, so presumably RF 636 now carries one of those 3 bodies?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs