ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How many of thsi kind of routmasters are there in the UK?

Hey,

I am interested in knowing how many of the 496 CLT are availble in UK. And any other info on this specific type Routmaster.

Many Thanks

My bus number (if any): 496 clt

Re: How many of thsi kind of routmasters are there in the UK?

Hi Rosie, there was 64 rmc routemasters built and from known information there is only 21 of these superb vehicles left in this country which is a real shame.

My bus number (if any): RML2613

Re: How many of thsi kind of routmasters are there in the UK?

There were actually 68 RMCs 1453 to 1520 inclusive. The latest RM Assoc, magazine says that exactly 50% survive of which 20 are in the UK, There are 6 in France including my one RMC 1458 which was converted to a bus and used on Route X15. Where this came from in the Vannes in NW France there is another one RMC 1503 and RMC 1499 was spotted near Marseille some time back sitting in a yard.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs