ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Peterborough Bus Rally

I was unable to attend North Weald last week due to prior arrangements, however, I will be going to Peterborough bus rally this Sunday. RMOOA will not have stand there, but if there are any spares that people need, I will be happy to take them on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Regards
Rob

My bus number (if any): RM13

Peterborough Bus & Commercial Vehicle Rally Sunday July 11th 2010

Peterborough bus rally is at Sacrewell Farm and Country Centre near Peterborough this weekend. A good turnout is expected again this year with nearly forty vehicles as confirmed entries and at least twenty who have said they will just turn up on the day, which is fine. Free buses from Peterborough city centre and a quarter-hourly free bus service to Wansford Station, Nene Valley Railway operated by visiting buses. NVR will be holding their vintage vehicle event on the same day and the travelling post office coaches will be demonstrating mail pick ups and drop offs.

At least 8 RMs attending including BEA 1 in original livery with baggage trailer.

Full details at ww.busrally.co.uk

I will be taking my nitrogen cylinder and brake accumulator charging kit.

My bus number (if any): RM238, RM471 and RM2213

Re: Peterborough Bus Rally

Hi Rob, See you are attending Paterborough show on sunday. If you are still willing to take spares I am still after window rubbers 12 metre R1 & 3 metre R2 as per previous e. mails.
Hoping to seee you there,

Regards Brian

My bus number (if any): RML2616

No problem, I will put enough on the bus, see you Sunday.

Regards

Rob

http://rob-duker.fotopic.net/

My bus number (if any): RM13

Peterborough Bus and Commercial Vehicle Rally 2010 pictures

I managed to pictures of some of the London buses from the 50s & 60s that attended this rally but sadly missed quite a few.

I'd be grateful for pictures of the ones I missed.

For a pictures of 36 of the 50 vehicles attending this year click here

Re: Peterborough Bus and Commercial Vehicle Rally 2010 pictures

As usual a really nice family day out with the farm and the Nene Valley railway . Thanks to Chris , Eddie and all the others who were there on the day (special thanks to Chris for gassing 2391 again ! - ready for wolverton !) Look forward to going again next year , all being well the caravan will come as well to make a long weekend of it .

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Forgot this one

and RM471 was there but I don't seem to have taken a picture!

So a total of 10 RMs, I think.

Also there was a Leyland National Red Arrow, LS444 GUW444W glimpsed on the picture above but we didn't get a proper picture of that either.

Many thanks to Chris and Sue for organising a really splendid rally for all the family (not just for us bus nerds). The site has ample space for picnics, the farm restaurant offers better food than all other rallies I have been to, bus crews get free tea and coffee all day, and even the loos are civilised!

I hope to bring RM577 and the family next year.

My bus number (if any): RM577

Yesterday was the first time i have been to the rally at sacrewell, it was an enjoyable few hours and nice to see people i now, i will be going to the rally next year for sure, many thanks to chris for asking us to attend the rally.

My bus number (if any): rml2613

Hi Rob, It was mt first rally as I am relatively new to the route master. Thanks to yourself & Chris & everyone else who obviously organised it with loads of hard work going into it. We thoroughly enjoyed it & met & spoke to several nice people who were routemaster owners. Many thanks Rob for all the help sunday & I await to here from you.
Thanbks, Brian.

My bus number (if any): RML2616

I'm sorry that I didn't make it given that it is my local Bus Show, but I had to attend the christening in Geneva of a friends daughter.

Looks like you had some wonderful weather for it.

Maybe next year I'll get RML2644 along. I seem to make every other Peterborough show at the moment for one reason or another.

My bus number (if any): RML2644

...and here is RM471, thanks Andrew