ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Useful Scaffold Tower for bus painting etc

I just got hold of an aluminium scaffold tower 5m high for use in repainting and doing some upper panel work on the bus, it came from BPS Solutions.

It is easy to put together and has wheels on the back so you can move it about easily. If you want it freestanding, you may wish to get additional bracing bars to make it safe when you have nothing to attach it to, but in most cases the base rails will go under the life rail of the bus and can be strapped on to the life rail and through one of the half opening windows for total safety.

At £239 delivered it was pretty good value!

My bus number (if any): RML 2547

Re: Useful Scaffold Tower for bus painting etc

Hi Matt,

have you got a web link???

Andy

My bus number (if any): too many to mention

Re: Useful Scaffold Tower for bus painting etc

Hi Andy

Yes it is at

http://www.laddersandscaffoldtowers.co.uk/

If you want to use one free standing, would suggest the extra ground bracing bars but if using on bus painting , panel maintenance etc, you can strap the frame to the life rail or through a window to a seat frame for extra safety.

Delivery was 24 hours and it was easy to assemble, you can use it as a part built tower for lower level work or put up to full height,

for full height assembly it is easier to build up the lower section,then pull over on the wheels, build up the top section and right it, saves you having to climb up to put the yop braces and paltform in

Would reccomend this as it is much safer than a ladder and you have a platform for tools etc to be eaily at hand

Thanks

Matt

My bus number (if any): RML 2547