ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eastbourne Running Day

I hope that Chris doesn't mind me including a post for the Eastbourne Running Day on Sunday 1st August.

The event will be focused on Eastbourne Station with trips to Beachy Head, Hailsham, Pevensey Bay and other detsinations.

There will be a number of ex Eastbourne vehicles in service, including a 1939 Leyland Lion and a rare Bruce bodied AEC Regent III. 69 will be there as well. Representing Southdown will be a 1956 Guy Arab and a number of Queen Mary's.

The service to Beachy Head will be served by two open top Queen Mary's, an open top RT and an RMC! There will also be a number of other visiting LT vehicles.

There will be a static display of vehicles at the miniature Steam Railway. There's space left so if anyone wishes to bring a vehicle please let me know.

For more information about the event please call me on 07793 447263 or visit Ian's Bus Stop website -

http://freespace.virgin.net/ian.smith/buses/CBR/CBR10EB.htm

My bus number (if any): RM1699 Eastbourne Regent V 69(KHC369)

Re: Eastbourne Running Day

Just a quick update on the event. For the LT purist there will be 4 RM's attending (to include 2 RMC's), 2 RF's and 2 RT's. An RT nd RMC will be operating the service to Beachy Head. There's still spaces for statics and if anyone interested in bringing their vehicle email me on steven.wood@clara.co.uk.

To whet your apetite, pictures of last year's event can be found on the following link

(url)http://www.countrybus.org/Ebourne2009/EB01.htm(/url)

My bus number (if any): RM1699 Eastbourne Regent V 69(KHC369)