ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bits n pieces (not by Dave Clark 5)

Hi
Anyone got a spare front n/s flasher lens (forward facing if they are handed) saloon heater control knob saloon heater grille (500 series body) - needed to finish for next running day. Will pay for each item and p/p etc. Have a spare stencil holder if anyone wants (at cost p/p only)

My bus number (if any): RM 188

Re: bits n pieces (not by Dave Clark 5)

Sorry cannot help with any of the parts you want, those lens are like gold dust, but for what its worth the RM ears lens are not handed and the same one fits all indicators of that type aas fited to RT family, RF, RLH, LCC Fire engines) so also try the old buses group. By the saloon heater grille, do you mean the exterior one above the cab or the one on the chimney on the front bulkhead?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Thanks - I meant the one inside the saloon at the base of the chimney.

My bus number (if any): RM 188

Is the lens for a refurbished or original spec indicator 'ears' ?

I have some NOS lenses for original CAV equipment (ears) - Lucas/CAV Part HB9 5954-6 Lens.

These are new unfitted, tissue wrapped in original cartons.

My bus number (if any): RLH 62

hi alan the heater vents we are having remade so bear with me regards tim.

My bus number (if any): rm 2023 2097 rml2388

tim
hi alan the heater vents we are having remade so bear with me regards tim.

Tim

When you say "we" do you mean the RMA or yourselves? If the former, could you give an idea of what other parts are in the pipeline. If you are having parts made could you also indicate what you are having done as others may require the same and more demand may make the products a bit cheaper.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

hi brian and all the story is a friemd of mine with an rml wanted to put the vent back in i have one for my rml so lent it to him and he is having them remade by a friend who's a fabricator the first batch will consist of ten but should the demand run past that he will make more when they have arrived i will get the person concerned to put a picture on here and anyone who wants one can then speak direct to him.regards tim.

My bus number (if any): rm 2023 2097 rml2388