ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re Rear Platform Restoration

I'm now doing the rear platform and staircase area in preparation for the outer repaint when the bus is moved back to its proper store.

Rear panels in pink primer

Rear panels repainted

Conductor's area repainted prior to repairs of missing door

Staircase panel on the other side and stairs will be done next

My bus number (if any): RML 2547

Re: Re Rear Platform Restoration

I've also putthe photos on at

http://rml2547sphotos.fotopic.net/

Matt

Hi James

Was going to go with mid 80's LT white roundel livery as it was when it was on Route 37 into Putney as I used to work in Putney in 1983.

It has been on route 6 Hackney (66-71), 15 Upton Park (1972), Hanworth 207 (1982) Route 37 Putney (85) Route 6 WIllesden Garage and 98 Willesden garage 1990's until 2003 when withdrawn.

Will do the staircase next and then probably the outside whilst I collect the parts I need for the wiring etc.

Matt

Hi James

Seems most people go for the pre-1974 gold lettered London Transport scheme so nice to have a change.

The early 80's was when I worked in London sometimes for the wine company I was with in Putney and Kings Road Chelsea and most of the Routemasters had the white roundel and bar logo, I remember in Kings Road I used to go to the turn round at the Stanley Arms and look at the Routemasters there which were hot from the slugging about London all day.

So that's why i decided on the 80's livery!

matt

Hi James

Well I guess it is up to the individual, and for filmwork purposes the old LT livery means you can get away with using it on more films,

But it is nice to see the 80's LT livery!