ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shock absorbers

Is there a standard supplier for RM shock absorbers? And an approx price?

My bus number (if any): RM577

Re: Shock absorbers

You need to check out the "other channel"

I don't think there is a problem with supplies of Shock Absorbers.
I know that Ward Jones holds stock of both Front and Rear Shocks, and tells me that he can obtain them readily from his supplier. (which used to supply LT).

As a matter of interest, Ward maintains over 30 Routemasters for various people.

A couple of weeks ago, I was speaking to Ensignbus mechanics about the supply of RM shocks, they told me there is no problem, they buy them off the shelf. I asked for details, which they gave me.

'Partline' is the name of the company
See link below
http://www.partline.co.uk/sites/partline/home/index.htm
Based up North (well to me)

Rear Shocks Part No. PL05610
Front Shocks Part No. PL05611

I rang them to check, yes they are in stock, cost £100 approx

I hope this is helpful

Regards

Rob

My bus number (if any): RM13

no problem getting shockers up here, got one from local dealer just last week, priced at £129 inc vat. for RML 2359

My bus number (if any): RML 2697, RML 2432, RML 891

Very interesting. So where has this supposed panic shortage arisen from??? And what other parts which supposedly have disappeared from general availability are actually still available? It would probably be of help if people who buy "off the shelf" routemaster specific parts, such as the exhaust sections I bought from Dinex, through Sercks last year, keep everyone informed. That way, people will at least know what parts are still serviced before they look to get batches made.

My bus number (if any): RM531

Please do not take this the wrong way, but this was the primary reason why we started the Routemaster Association nearly 22 years ago.

However, we are actually told very little information that we can pass on.

So if you know of any information on parts or suppliers, please tell us and we will happily pass it on to everyone else.

My bus number (if any): RM1368