ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seat Brackets needed for RML2600

RML2600 us undergoing Class V pre-MOT service and we need eighteen seat brackets. Have already contacted Ensignbus with no success. Can anyone else help?

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner) RML2600 (Driver)

Re: Seat Brackets needed for RML2600

Hi Graham,

Have you considered getiing some casted? The brackets are a simple shape and with modern ceramic moulding inexpensive moulds for short runs of items are possible depending on materials, may be worth considering.

There was an RML breaking in Scotland wasn't there otherwise?

Matt

My bus number (if any): RML 2547

casting seat Brackets

These cast seat brackets need to be of the highest quality.
I recall a batch of post overhaul RMs that had these fail and it turned out to be inferior casting.

We had a great big box of these in stores around 1982 so there must be some new unused ones floating around with someone.

Re: casting seat Brackets

Presumably people think we are talking about the waist rail fixings as opposed to the seat rail (skate) brackets?

I just wonder why you need seat brackets for a class V MOT, you could take out all the seats and pass that!

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

You need thirteen seats in place for class V

Why? If its been converted to a mobile office or showroom, how does that stack up with having 13 seats? Could understand it if it was a class 6

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Brian Watkinson
Why? If its been converted to a mobile office or showroom, how does that stack up with having 13 seats? Could understand it if it was a class 6

Well RML2600 is only going to be put through a Historic vehicle MOT anyway Brian so I'll advise Danny to contact VOSA as I think you have a valid point.

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner) RML2600 (Driver)