ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dorset steam Fair

Yesterday we went to the dorset steam fair and was suprise to see RM66 there .
since it been in wales it has a repaint back to all over red and a white roundel
RM308 was also present

Re: Dorset steam Fair

Any photos available Graham?

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner) RML2600 (Driver)

Graham Laurie
Any photos available Graham?

Hi Graham, i dont have any pics of either 66 or 308 at Dorset as i couldnt get time off work. However a few pictures of 66 after repaint into red livery appear on a facebook page i have created initally for RM308 but as RM66 resides with her i have decided to include her as well. The link is as follows feel free to have a look and comment

http://www.facebook.com/keith.saunders1#!/group.php?gid=273073545752&ref=ts

Keith.

My bus number (if any): RM308

Great Facebook photos! Thanks for making them available.

My bus number (if any): RM577

We obtained 66 about 8 weeks ago and set ourselves the goal of getting her to the GDSF with 308. It was hard going with long hours...the beds went in sat night and she went to the Blaenavon Rly vintage vehicle rally on Sunday 30th to iron out any problems...there wern't any so off she jolly well went for some sun and dust with 308 for a holiday in Dorset. We were taken aback with all the nice comments about the work and she did turn a few heads!! There is a picture of them at the fair on their facebook group site, follow the link on Keith's post.

My bus number (if any): RM 308 and RM 66 (Group)