ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
London United de-cals needed for RML2600

Once RML2600 is through it's MOT, it will be re-painted back into London red with white relief band. I know the London United RM/Ls had a slightly greyer shade but the owner thinks the white relief band looks better. Does anyone know if there is any company who would be able to do London United with yellow fleet number de-cals in or near to Scotland or would Blackpool Busworks be the best bet?

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner) RML2600 (Driver)

Re: London United de-cals needed for RML2600

Hi Graham,

You could try contacting Dave Paskell, his RM is in London United livery.

Regards

Jerry

I would write to the MD of Transdev UK or London United as it is is transition following it's sale to RATP. As the company looks like returning to it's London United livery and logo which is better than the awful Transdev one this may have an issue.

However they have generally been most receptive to the preservation groups and always appeciate an above board approach out of courtesy.

He may be able to give permission and supply stuff from stock.

The London United logos and fonts are, (Like a few other companies,) copyrighted via the post 1988 copyright law, so the operators could refuse permission or require a fee.
In practice, most bus companies are quite happy to have a smart vehicle represent them for free.
Nowadays though, the copyright often lies with the graphic designer or design consultancy and they do not see things the same way and often will demand payments, permissions or sue for breach of non permissioned copyright.

This is less of an issue for the nationalised era as LT did not copyright liveries pre 1978. Only the LT font is copyright and that is only if used commercially and out of context. Hence an LT livery on an LT designed vehicle is not a breach of copyright.

The font has also been modified and current copyright rules only fully apply to the modified fonts post - 1988.

The Flake Grey band is part of the London United livery but by co-incidence was also close to the the original shade on 26XX and 27XX series RMLs.

L. Utd. also painted the wheels and lifeguards Grey as well.

Jerry Gibb
Hi Graham,

You could try contacting Dave Paskell, his RM is in London United livery.

Regards

Jerry

Do you have any contact details for Dave Jerry and what is his RM's Fleet number?

Graham

Dave Paskell owns RM848 and can be contacted at david.paskell@davesbuses.co.uk

(He is also the Press & Publicity Officer for the Routemaster Association).

Andrew

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Thanks Andrew.