ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemaster Repairs and servicing

I don't know if I'm allowed a free plug on here, but I offer a complete repair and restoration service for Routemasters and other LT buses. I've been in the restoration business for over 40 years and much of my work now is travellingREurope servicing routemasters there.

I have a small stock of some of the hard to get spares, and full workshop facilities near Folkestone. I have the original brake accumulator charging equipment, test gauges for high pressure lines and can do most repairs.

Recent projects include a complete refurb on RFW14; clients include Bus Pro Feels and London Ceremonie Wagon in Belgium;All 4 Event and LDD Hire in Germany; Luxembourg Routemaster and many more.

I have spares for RT/RF/GS/RM and a few other bits. See my list on www.vintagebushire.co.uk for details. The list is not complete, it it's not there, please ask.

My bus number (if any): RML2532;GS67;RT2629;MLL721;MLL738. MFM38 (Bedford OB)

Re: Routemaster Repairs and servicing

Do you have any Air Intensifiers in stock Roy and if so at what price?

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner) RML2600 (Driver)

no sorry, I only have the intensifier I use myself. I can do the job for you if you are in the area, or others in your area may be able to charge them using alternative methods.

My bus number (if any): RML2532

Graham, suggest you talk to Chris Dobbing about recharging accumilaters , he's an expert and has plenty of experience doing RML2391s !! He uses nitrogen and has made up his own set of equipment , may be worth a group of you investing in your own set . It's far simpler and a lot quicker than using the old LT method.
mark , rml2391

My bus number (if any): RML2391

That's something I might mention to Michael Roulston Mark, thanks.

My bus number (if any): RML2271 (owner) RML2600 (Driver)