ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
159 rerun

hi all just a quick note that the 159 rerun and christmas lights tour will be taking place on the 11th of december starting from prince albert road by regents park.will post more details shortly but if your interested in taking part feel free to either email me on timrm2097@yahoo.co.uk or give me a bell on 07881897945.regards tim.

My bus number (if any): rm2023 2097 rml2388

Re: 159 rerun

We will be attending with RML2366 (which was out on the last day of the 159s)

Does anyone have a set of 159 blinds that we can borrow?

And by any small chance does anyone have a set of "You can still take a ride on a Routemaster on Heritage routes 9 and 15" advert side boards" we could use?

As in: http://martin-grosberg.fotopic.net/p23811373.html

Since she still in the livery she when out on the last day (tho a bit more pink red now), we've do our best to re-create the bus as is. Re-paint will happen in Jan now.

Regards

Adam

My bus number (if any): RML2366

Hope that this is okay with Chris, but I just thought that I should bring this topic back to the top.

I understand that Tim is off e-mail currently, so he has been unable to update this thread.

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Could the details be posted on here , times / where etc ?
Ta

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Sorry for the delay, but I have just been trying to make sure I got the facts right.

Meet at Prince Albert Road by Regents Park Zoo entrance at 09.30am for a 10.00am start and the last bus is to leave at 10.30am. The run is to Thornton Heath Clock, avoiding Oxford Street (of course) and then run back to Hyde Park entering Lancaster Gate entrance then turning left to run beside Bayswater Road to park up. Then lay over until the start of the Christmas Lights tour. If anyone wishes to join in on the Christmas Lights tour, they need to e-mail John Hinson (theoldbusgarage@sftt.co.uk at the self preservation society website) to obtain a park permit otherwise they will not be able to enter the park.

My bus number (if any): RM1368

Re: 159 rerun/Xmas lights

Bit late for this , but details of the lights tour can be found at the following site : www.self-preservation-society.co.uk/christmas/

mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391