ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where to find Routemaster templates?

Does anyone happen to know where I can get a good clear template for an RCL, both sides plus front and back? It ideally needs to be capable of expansion to A1 size, without too much loss of clarity.

Grateful for your help in advance.

My bus number (if any): RCL 2259

Re: Where to find Routemaster templates?

Robert

it would help if you said what you want it for and what it shows. Do you mean just an outline, a structural drawing or a finished bus with all colours/transfers etc?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Sorry if I was not as specific as I should have been.

Its to create an artistic design on the outside of the bus. A template guide for the artists. It needs to show both sides and front and back.

Like the ones here:

http://www.countrybus.org/RCL/RCL2.html

Click Here

except bigger to allow large reproduction without loss of definition..

My bus number (if any): RCL 2259

This might give you a rough idea, it's an acrobat file so should be able to be scaled up big as required

http://www.rmoof.co.uk/Routemaster%20Glass.htm

(on that page there is a hyperlink hidden in the phrase 'Chart with the part numbers for all the glazing'

This gives views of the bus anyone into graphics should be able to use this for ideas if they use Adobe Photoshop to colour it in and remove extraneous lines and captions of glass product codes

Matt

PS Used to do this sort of a thing for a living!

My bus number (if any): RML 2547