ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Completely off topic but worth a try.....

I have friends who are the custodians of the very first production PDR1/1 Leyland Atlantean, Wallasey Corporation No1, FHF 451. Sadly it needs a steering box due to failure, it can no longer turn left and the steering is almost solid. It is manual non-power steering. Anyone know of a source for such a replacement box, alternative vehicles with which the same box was fitted, or a known good rebuilder of steering boxes?

My bus number (if any): RM531

Re: Completely off topic but worth a try.....

I'm sure that Ward Jones based at Cryers Hill, High Wycombe would be able to help. Admittedly he's some distance away but it your colleagues can't find anyone more local then he'd be worth a try.

My bus number (if any): RM1699 Eastbourne Regent V 69 (KHC369)

Re: Completely off topic but worth a try.....

Have you tried the Manchester Museum boys Steve? They have lots of contacts. There was a bloke who bought up all the spares from the SELNEC garages when the Atlanteans etc were replaced but I cannot find the name of the contact. Maybe mark Prescott will know?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs