ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cobham sale

This Sunday is Cobham's "grand parts sale". Though it's mostly RT and RF stuff I'm told there will be some Routemaster items. Trouble is, Cobham's a long way from Edinburgh. Would anyone planning to go be willing to look out for some goodies for me? I would pay a bit extra for their trouble. Regards, Sam

My bus number (if any): RM1353

Re: Cobham sale

hi sam i will be going depending if we get the bad snow and if it will still be on ,let me know what you are looking for and i will try and help to see what they may have

My bus number (if any): RCL 2238 PLUS OTHERS

Thanks for your kind offer. If any of these appear I would be grateful if you got them on my behalf. (I realise most - or even all - are unlikely but you never know!)

pair of wind-down front windows
1 offside seat frame (pole-less type)
original stop and tail light lenses
pair of bears ears lenses
pair of chrome hub caps
original indicator knob
winder for LL (platform) blind

My bus number (if any): RM1353

I'm after a 'hook' starter switch if anyone see's one there , i can't make it there unfortunately .

thanks

mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Due to distance, lots of snow and time etc not possible to get to Cobham sale either. Anyone who went like to say what was on offer?

Was there a lot of stuff like the want list above? Or was it more body and mechaniocal parts. The listing sent out was lacking in detail in the extreme.

Please don't tell me if RT N/S mirror fixing assemblies (the bit on the bus, not the mirror) were available. Can we assume there will be an explosion of bus parts on eBay or is there to be another closing down sale?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

hi brian went to cobham sale i did not see any RM parts and no RT part u need .parts that were there were RT rad,interior light panels ,window pans in good and not good cond.mostly RT AND RF parts panels,belts,cushions,staircase tread,price wise was reasonable,as far as i know there will be another sale no date though

My bus number (if any): rcl22238

hi sam as u will see from message to brian no RM bits u needed were there but i do have seat frames for sale will have to contact u on how 2 get it to u IF interested

My bus number (if any): RCL2238

simon
hi brian went to cobham sale i did not see any RM parts and no RT part u need .parts that were there were RT rad,interior light panels ,window pans in good and not good cond.mostly RT AND RF parts panels,belts,cushions,staircase tread,price wise was reasonable,as far as i know there will be another sale no date though
Thanks Simon. Might be able to get over next time. You wouldn't happen to know a maker's part number of the RT starter motor would you. I think PSV Transport Systems Ltd. at Hoddesden did them but don't have a reference number to enquire about them or if they do service exchange, I know they used to do RM starters at one time.

If anyone else has a reference please let me know!

Thanks Brian

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs