ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RT STARTER MOTORS

Does anyone know or have a manufacturers (not LT) part number for an RT starter motor?

I have been told that PSV Transport Systems Ltd. at Hoddesden did them ( and RM ones) but I don't have a reference number to enquire about them to see if they have them in stock or if they only do service exchange, I know they used to do RM starters at one time. Anyone used them?

Thanks

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: RT STARTER MOTORS

Yep, bought a couple of flourescent ballasts from them for the BL, no problem and they were very professional.

Claire

Thanks Claire, but I was thinking more about if anyone had used them for starter motor purchase or exchange.

Brian Watkinson
Does anyone know or have a manufacturers (not LT) part number for an RT starter motor?

Brian,

My listing has various applications for A207/208/213 engines and this is what's listed.

Hope this is of use:

C.A.V. Motors

BS624H102
BS624H75
BS624H87

Simms Motors:

624SGRE36/4
624SGRE9/4

Jim

My bus number (if any): RLH62

Thanks Jim, I think the type CAV BS6 is still available, just need to check the voltage and number of teeth.

I think some manufacturers/reconditioners now put their own reference on them. When it stops snowing Philippe says he will try and get under a bus, but that could be few days away yet!!

All the above listed are shown as 24-volt

My bus number (if any): RLH62