ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gray plastic internal trims

Hi guys, just wondered if anyone knows of a supplier of gray perspex sheets for trim between windows on RM1807? I have sourced a gray perspex but it is not quite the same shade as the original. Thanks, Neil.

My bus number (if any): RM1807 & RML2484

Re: Gray plastic internal trims

Amari Plastics ,grey colour RAL7011

http://www.amariplastics.com/amari/

cannot help with actual product name as I didn't keep a record from a couple of years ago, best take a sample of your old to the nearest branch.

My bus number (if any): RM1414 sort of

Re: Gray plastic internal trims

Hi Mark thats great will give them a call. Many Thanks Neil

My bus number (if any): RM1807 & RML2484

Re: Grey plastic internal trims

It would be great if they did one self-coloured in off-white to replace the grey sheets painted on refurb and now flaking off nicely!

My bus number (if any): RML2302

PS Is there ANYTHING that Mark Prescott doesn't know............?!!!

My bus number (if any): RML2302

Hi Brian, I guess they do lots of colours, but you would have to remove the wide beading that is above and below the windows to change the pieces.

I'm very flattered by the comment but there is lots I don't know (lottery numbers, when to go to bed instead of being on computer.......)
I initially couldn't remember the name of the firm but knew that their wagons are purple and black, fortunatly a search on my email account brought up an email with the link it.

Mark

Hi Mark

Didn't you get chinese green (the original dark grey)for 1414 though? The refurb RMLs have cream coloured inserts although it seems some were painted over. If this supplier does both shades it would be useful to know for all RM owners and for the RMOA to note.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Most were painted over but theasiest trick is to remove them and clean up and polish the reverse sides and fit them the wrong way round. They will look like new in most cases.

Hi Jack thanks for that idea but unfortunately all the trims have been removed from 1807 and replaced with blue laminate. Thanks again for your thoughts . Neil

My bus number (if any): rm1807 & rml2484

Brian Watkinson
Hi Mark

Didn't you get chinese green (the original dark grey)for 1414 though? The refurb RMLs have cream coloured inserts although it seems some were painted over. If this supplier does both shades it would be useful to know for all RM owners and for the RMOA to note.

Hi Brian
All the ones on RM1414 are the ones it came out of service with, I'd done the digging for another project that I was involved with for a bit back then.
As everyone will appreciate colour matches are subjective anyway.
This project had aluminium painted white put in internally between the windows but had the difficult pieces around the u/s forward facing windows just painted over.

Mark