ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy Christmas

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 & 2213

Re: Happy Christmas

A very happy Christmas to you too Chris, and James, and all my other friends old and new who visit this forum and everyone else who has a soft spot for our lovely buses, be they "nutters" or not...! May 2011 bring you happiness and everything you wish for.

Re: Happy Christmas

Hi all Just to add Happy Christmas and a happy new year lets hope that 2011 is a good one

Photobucket

My bus number (if any): Rm1357

RM666 Now WLT875

Hi James
WLT875 is no now on RM666 and was WLT666 but it lost its reg number a long time ago and was re registered to LSD 257A but the last owner managed to buy WLT875 back in 1993 to match body, subframes from the last body swap with RM875.

The owner renumbered it to "RM875" (to match body, subframes and the number plate WLT875.

The only problem is that RM875 (FOMER DATMASTER)is still on the road so there are two RMs with the same number RM875.

We have been bringing her up to class 6std for the new owner in Scotland, tho she has not been used for a long time she is outstanding condition and still has her AEC engine

My bus number (if any): Rm1357

Re: RM666 Now WLT875

I recall that legend had it that RM666 has the record for the highest number of fatalities by an RM including a suicide on the top deck and three people on board having heart failures including a driver as well as several RTA incidents.

Some crews would not take it out on the road believing that the vehicle was possessed. It's bonnet number having a lot to do with the stories circulating more than with any other vehicle.

I recall that it was due to be sent to HL during the DM replacement and 1544 came instead as the foreman would not have 666 in his depot. HL had also had RML2666 and that was known as a demon bus as it also had a higher than average incident record and again drivers would swap it on the thinnest of reasons.
2666 was actually a very good bus and several of the incidents were unexplained when examined.