ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Routemaster Owned by Funeral Company

AW Lymn now owes a former nottingham RML
It is used for funerals check out there website and you will see it with a coffin inside the bus
Just go to AW Lymn
Graham Lunn

Re: Routemaster Owned by Funeral Company

Very nice tho i hope i wont need it for some time yet
lol.

Copy and paste the Link to see

http://www.lymn.co.uk/index.cfm/page/ranges.rangedetail.cfm/id/31/navid/35

My bus number (if any): Rm1357

When RMC1469 was still being used commercially, Chris Sullivan hired it from me for the funeral of one of his old colleagues from St Albans. The coffin went in nicely through the rear emergency door and, with no stanchions to cause an obstruction, it sat easily on a board across the seat frames.

My bus number (if any): RMC1469

Interesting! We had an enquiry not long ago as to whether it would be legal to transport the coffin in the bus. I concluded that there was nothing to prohibit it, but declined on the grounds of dignity of the deceased, as I reckoned we wouldn't get the box in there without a lot of jostling, heaving and shouts of "up your end a bit, matey".
Of course an RMC would be an elegant solution.

Hi all,I couldn't think of a better way to depart this mortal coil,a perfect way to go in my opinion,if you put the coffin on a bendy-bus that would save the price of the crematorium!

My bus number (if any): none yet

I let a family in west wales have 308 for a funeral of an ex -LT bus driver, it was at the same time as we were doing up RM66. The thoughts did wander about painting her black with gold LT lettering and funeral tender on side...think of the hire potential in london :-) single deck, large rear door at correct height ...the mind boggles!

My bus number (if any): RM308 & RM66(Group)

Duane,
Hope you don't fall asleep on 66 ........ ! Know what you DBS men are like lol .

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391