ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Leyland Titan Spares

Hi,

Does anyone have any spare bits for LT Leyland Titans?
Parts needed include:
Destination Glass rubber surround OR Front panel with glass in-situe

Rear bottom deck bench seat plastic front.

Starter switch plastic head

Dash warning lights

Interior and Exterior light bulbs and surrounds.

These are what we believe we will need in the restoration of the Titan we arehopfully buying.
Anyone with knowlege and or parts for sale we would be glad to hear from.

thanks,
NMerryweather
SLongmire
TMortlock

My bus number (if any): (Purchasing) T358

Re: Leyland Titan Spares

The rubber for the destination glass is a standard product and obtainable from Woollies Trim, its the same laced rubber as now specified for the RM destination glasses, not sure of the part number but somebody will know. The interior and exterior lamps are pretty bog standard items AFAIR and you are not limited to Titans as a source of spares, Olympians and Metrobuses will probably yield some similar parts.

Titans, Olympians and Metrobuses are still regularly scrapped in Barnsley, might be worth a visit or a phone call to PVS and ask if they can notify you of any arrivals.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: Leyland Titan Spares

Leyland Nationals should be your first port of call for bits, the Titan was effectively a double deck national and was built alongside it at Workington.

My bus number (if any): RM531