ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
February RM meet

I'm certainly interested in a late winter meet again if enough of us can get together and agree on a suitable venue and date.

Old Warden is fine, unless a point more equidistant for the participants can be found. A Sunday would probably be best.

I'd like to also mention the Peterborough Bus & Commercial Vehicle rally which is being held on Sunday 10th July at Sacrewell Farm. A fair number of RMs attend. Details http://www.busrally.co.uk/.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471 & 2213

Re: February RM meet

Chris - do count me in for the gathering. Old Warden would seem a good location for those from Herts, Beds, Cambs and Northants. I've been informed that the RMOOA AGM is on Sat 26th Feb, so maybe either Sunday 13th or 20th might be a good bet.

My bus number (if any): RM1699 Eastbourne Regent V 69 (KHC369)

Count me in, I'm up for it, Old Walden would suit me to.
I am sure that Charlie Young will attend with RT4317, and I will ask Peter Penfold if he would like to bring RF4.

Regards

Rob

http://gallerybob.fotoblog.co.uk/

My bus number (if any): RM13

Hi Chaps, as we're on the subject of meetings with buses in February. I hope I'll be permitted to mention the Route 2 re-run organised by the Routemaster Association on Sunday February 6th.

This year is the 55th anniversary of RM 1's first appearance on the route, and this year's run will start from Scratchwood services on the M1, and follow the original Golders Green to Crystal Palace route as closely as possible.

All Routemaster owners are invited to take part, and details can be found on the Association website, www.routemaster.org.uk/ by clicking on the News link.

Dave Paskell

My bus number (if any): RM 848

I'm in for meeting up sometime in February.

Brian

My bus number (if any): RML2644

I'll come over as well , probably without 2391 though
:-(

mark

ps Rob ,could I scrounge ride over with you ?

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Would hope to make it with RM577

My bus number (if any): RM577 DMS 130 (1951 Regal) LFM 734 (1950 Bristol L)

No Problem Mark, you are more than welcome
Looks like we should get a good gathering

Rob

Shall I propose we meet up on Sunday 20th February at the Shuttleworth Collection, Old Warden - say from around 11am onwards and we can have lunch at the cafe. I'd be happy to make the necessary contact with the Musueum.

Sounds ok to me

mark

The date looks good for me too!
Look forward to seeing everyone
Can we beat last years attendance?

Regards

Rob

Does anyone have any objections to non RM owners bringing their bus over to join in ? In this case it either be a RT or a RF ?

Cheers

Mark , RML2391

Certainly no problem if anyone wishes to bring a non-routemaster type. I gather from Rob that RT4316 may be attending so the more the better. All that I'd ask is that those planning to attend could drop me a line to confirm so that I can get an idea of how many are planning to turn up.

Sunday 20th Feb has now been confirmed with the Shuttleworth Museum. Parking arrangements will be the same as last year i.e on the hardstanding adjacnet ti the cafe. They would be prepared to offer a discount for those who might be interested in the museum. Please could you let me know if this is of interest so that I can get back to them.

Steven,
John and Gill Hinson will be bringing one of their buses over , RF280 subject to availability .

Mark RML2391