ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM, RML & RTL movements at Ensign in January

According to Ross Newman's latest bulletin of movements.

Buses in

From TWH Travel With Hunny RM909 and RM1018.
From Aintree Coaches RM1978.

Buses out

RML2564 RML2466 to West Coast Sightseeing, Vancouver, Canada.

RTL47: RM Buses, Wem, Shropshire.

RTL453 has been added to Ensign's heritage fleet.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471, 2213 and GS17

Re: RM, RML & RTL movements at Ensign in January

Hi Chris,
See you've got another bus , how about a few pics on here to see it ? Don't know if this of interest to you or anyone else but there is an early RF for sale in Northants (where I keep my RML). Its open for offers to a GOOD home .
Anyone interested in grouping together to buy it ? Its ready to go and had a lot of work done in the last 12 months or so . If we could get 4 or more together , added bonus is its now undercover and could probably stay there .

Regards

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Oh alright then! We got the whole fleet out and lined them up last weekend.

I'm not getting involved in any more buses for the time being, Mark.

As you know I am still actively pursuing a new home for the fleet and there will be plenty of room there! Fingers crossed.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471, 2213 & GS17

Hi Chris,
Thanks ! New bus looks good , will we see it at Old Warden ? Look forward to hearing an update on the 'depot' at Warden .

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

Hi all,it's such a shame so many rml's are going to Canada,i know they will be looked after, but there must be about 70 rm variants in Canada now.Good to see rtl47 has gone to a good home in cheshire,they are amassing quite a fleet now.also good to see ensign has got RTL453 for there museum collection,they have now got a stl,rm,rmc,rcl,rml,rma and an rmf,a pre-war rt,two craven rt's,a saunders,one of the last withdrawn in rt624,a weymann bodied one all they need is a park royal one and they have got the whole set.they now have rtl453 and rtw335 is being done up at the bus works and of course rlh61 + dms2646.on to single deckers they have got leyland cub 4 ,awaiting rebilud+the very rare rf one and a half deck mll735 and have mll722 for spares.no gs's yet and they got rid of two rf's and a mb.Not a bad collection,I hope they manage to get the std back from yugoslavia,that realy would be something.

My bus number (if any): none yet!

Which STD is that? Isn't it an urban myth that an STD survives in Yugoslavia or has one actually been located? If they have found an STD maybe they can find one of the green RTLs that went out there.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hontsr/3820700044/
HI Brian
STD 101 is not a myth,click on the above or copy and paste to address bar for website for a pic.
Dave

My bus number (if any): RF 503

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471, 2213 and GS17

David
Thanks for that, the existence of one of the STDs has been discussed in classic bus circles for many years and generally dismissed, it quite amzing what turns up on Flickr. Do I take it that there are moves afoot to get this bus back to the UK?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

HI Brian
I have heard that Ensigns have been investigating this but I dont know what the outcome is I wonder if anyone else has any more up to date info on this.
Dave

My bus number (if any): RF 503

Hi All

Its not STD 101 which would have been one of the austerity batch, its one of the post war version, STD171 I believe.

I worked in Bosnia/Croatia/Serbia for over two years in the 1990's and came across the bus then, although at the time being a westerner from a NATO country hanging around transport interchanges was not sensible... but thats all another story.

We have written to the people twice and emailed and have never had a response. We would be only to happy to mount a repatriation if only we could get someone to talk to us...

Steve