ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Double -Deck Tours of Canada Selling Routemasters

Double deck tours are reducing there fleet they are selling 5 routemasters to West Coast tours of Vancouver
there are RM460,583,1548,1676,and 1888 they are being tow there during next few months .RM460 have arrived already

Re: Double -Deck Tours of Canada Selling Routemasters

THANKS FOR CONFIRMING GRAHAM AS FAR AS I KNOW THEY HAD PROBLEMS MOVING THE RMs AS RAIL WAS TOO DEAR AND IT WAS TOO COLD TO MOVE THEM HEAVY SNOW,SO THEY HAD TO TAKE THE FRONT WHEELS OFF TO TOW TO LOWER THE HEIGHT AS FAR AS I KNOW ALL STILL IN RED SO NO DOUBT WILL BE PAINTED PINK AND OFFSIDE DOOR MAY BE FITTED .THESE WILL JOIN RMLs 2466,2564 already in pink

My bus number (if any): RCL 2238 ,

According to sources close to the new owners they will be converted to O/S entrances.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

To bring this message up to date, RM 1676 and 1888 were never collected. These two buuses, in excellent condition and with AEC engines, are still available for sale by Double Deck Tours, Niagara Falls. Excellent candidates for repatriation!

My bus number (if any): was B757UHG

Yes, these three arrived in early 2011.

My bus number (if any): RM1368