ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
February Meet - Re-scheduled for Sunday 20th March

Following discussions with Rob, I've decided to re-schedule the gathering at Old Warden for Sunday 20th March at 11am. If there's enough interest I'll be able to negotiate a reduced rate for the museum collection.

To get an idea of numbers of vehicles attending, please could you email me if you're planning to come.

My bus number (if any): RM1699 Eastbourne Regent V 69 (KHC369)

Re: February Meet - Re-scheduled for Sunday 20th March

It's in the diary. Let's meet even if we only have 6!

My bus number (if any): RM577

John - 6 definate so far and much more enthusiasm for the later date. So look forward to seeing you and 577 on March 20th.

Please add my name to the list and book two admissions to the Shuttleworth Collection. Will bring an RM or GS! Chris

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471, 2213 and GS17

February Meet - Sunday 20th March

Seeing the post about a possible rally venue at the Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon I thought I'd bring this post back to the top. Several RM (and other London bus) owners are gathering again at The Shuttleworth Collection, Old Warden, SG18 9EP, just off the A1 near Biggleswade. Nice cafe and you can arrange reduced admission to the museum if you contact Steven Wood.

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471, 2213 & GS17

Re: February Meet - Sunday 20th March

Just back from my hols, and I have a lot of catching up to do.
Does anyone know if the Shuttleworth meet at Old Walden this Sunday is still on? if so do we know who is attending.

Cheers Rob.

ps

What has happened to the fotopic site? It does not seem to be working.

My bus number (if any): RM13

The gathering at Old Warden on Sunday is on. I've around 8-10 vehicles at the moment. I'm happy to welcome more, so if any one wants to bring their bus along please let me know.

I've also around 5 people interested in the Museum. I might be able to get a reduced entry so if any one would like a ticket, please let me know.

Rob Duker
ps

What has happened to the fotopic site? It does not seem to be working.
According to some of the bus interest group postings, Fotopic has gone down and been like that for a week or so. No sign of it resurrecting and no announcements.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Hi Stephen

I hope to be there with RM577, and will want to visit the museum.

Thanks!

John B

I will also be there with either RM1797 or BEA1.
Charlie Young is also coming with RT4317

Regards

Rob

My bus number (if any): RM13

Just to confirm that the aim is to meet up from about 11am and have lunch in the cafe a bit later. I've aroud 6 who have expressed interest in visiting the museum but I need 20 to qualify for a discount! The forecast for Sunday is dry and fine but maybe not too warm!

Look forward to seeing you all there.

My bus number (if any): RM1699 Eastbourne 69 (KHC369)

Hi Steven,
Hopefully I'll be along as well but without RML2391

Mark

My bus number (if any): RML2391

That was a pleasant day out!

Thanks to everyone who came along. It was my first outing in the RM this year and good to give it a good run and blow out a few cobwebs.

For the record, vehicles attending (in order of arrival) were - RMA1, RM1699, RT4317, RM577, GS62 and RML2644.

Very nice to see everyone on sunday . Perhaps we should have a day at the seaside in the summer ? Fish and chips at Hunstanton sounds good to me ?

Mark RML2391

My bus number (if any): RML2391 , United Counties 157