ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RMOOA Website

More of a message to the RMOOA. It appears the website has an intruder going by the name team kuwait hackers.

My bus number (if any): M1001 RML2276 T806

Re: RMOOA Website

Yes I saw that too! A timely reminder for all of us who have or manage websites to have a decent password and change it on a regular basis.

My bus number (if any): RLH62

The RM Association website is back up and in a new format. Tried "joining it" but it defaults to a fault page. However at a loss to see what are the benefits of "joining" the website. Wouldn't it be better for membership to be open only to RMA members and entry via membership number?

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

As has been stated, after a productive A.G.M. for the Routemaster Association last Saturday, during the following 24 hours, a malicious hacking attack was made on the RMOOA website. Although the offending material was removed, the subsequent repair work is still ongoing due to the severity of the damage caused. We may have to end up effectively re-installing the entire website, we are still examining our options.

This will unfortunately mean that the users who have registered, will eventually need to re-register. We have their contact information so will inform them when it is appropriate to do so. 

Unfortunately we cannot put anything on the website currently to state this, due to the continuing repair work.

The purpose of having people register was a pre-cursor to introducing the inter-active area where people are going to be invited to leave comments about all things Routemaster, and to contribute, or make additions to our Suppliers Document, which we are planning to put on the website as well.

Eventually, a progression of this is to include the facility for RMOOA members to be able to renew their subscriptions on-line, and also to purchase spare parts, clothing etc, from the Association on-line as well. The hacking attack has prevented us from putting this explanation on the website. 

As of last weekend the new website had about 70% of the material downloaded from the old site, and we had the material for the extension of the sales site, with many photos of spare parts etc, more or less ready to take its turn to be uploaded. All this has come to a halt because someone, somewhere, thinks its fun to maliciously destroy the hard work of others.

Rest assured we are doing all we can behind the scenes to get the site up and running again, with all the relevant and amended material from the old site in place, plus the addition of numerous extra pages and facilities. However, we are not a corporation with a full time I.T. department that can work round the clock, no expense spared. We are of course, all unpaid volunteers, with other jobs and lives to factor in, but we'll get there.

My bus number (if any): RM 848