ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to bring a RML to Ireland?

Hi everyone,

who knows with which ferry company we could bring our bus to Ireland (near Dublin) and how much it would cost?

Thanks for your answers!

My bus number (if any): RML2386

Re: How to bring a RML to Ireland?

Any of the ferries that take lorries will do it, do a google on Ferries to Ireland. You might have a problem with any fast ferries as some of them have a height restriction.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

The fastest and shortest route is Birkenhead/Liverpool to Dunlin and or Belfast. It is I think, Norse Merchant. Do a search Birkenhead- Ireland or Liverpool- Ireland. I see these ferries most days, and it is these ferries on this route which ship the new Wright bodied double deckers from Ballymena to the mainland. The other route is Irish ferries from Llandudno but its a long slog up the A55 to Anglesey when you can get to sea much easier on other routes.

My bus number (if any): RM531

We used the Stena Voyager High Speed Ship last year from Stranraer to Belfast (just with our car unfortunately!) - it only takes two hours and they can take a Routemaster. It is a long road journey to Stranraer however but you need to compare the costs Tonia - it is probably cheaper than the other crossings.

My bus number (if any): RML2302

Thanks for your advice, tomorrow I will do the research! Have a nice Sunday!!!

Sorry to ask again, but does someone know a company who could convey our bus either to Ireland or Germany?
Thank you!!!