ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Neil Townsend RIP

Just a line to say many thanks to those who attended Neil's funeral today.

The great turnout of people who made this Celebration of his Life most memorable.

Tributes by friends Caroline and Neil G were wonderful and the drone of a distant Leyland RM as he was laid to rest was most fitting

Again, a big thank you to those who helped make the sending off perfect.

Mark

Re: Neil Townsend RIP

If ever there was such a thing as an enjoyable funeral, this was about as good as it gets. Such a pleasure to see many old friends made thirty years ago at Mortlake. Quite humbling to think that a mutual interest in Routemasters - and their glory days - has kept those bonds strong. Great to meet people I only knew as names on this forum. I think we did Neil proud today.

I can`t thank Peter Durrant and Paul Almeroth enough for their parts in making an RM available as transport from the church to the cemetery and back. How Neil would have loved to have travelled on it too! Remarkable also, the ability of an RM to attract admiring glances from passers by - even if a few of them did run for cover as the approaching deafening roar of a true Leyland engine reverberated through Chiswick!

As a celebration of the life of Neil Townsend it was a great event. Thank you to those who attended and to those who have sent their sympathy at the passing of a super guy.

I cannot add any more to what Mark & Neil have so eloquently penned. It was Peter's & my pleasure to provide RM 1993. I think that Neil had a wonderful send off and he we be greatly missed by myself and many others. RIP dear friend.

I'd also like to say a big thankyou to my good friend Peter O'Callaghan for comming down from Dunstable to Chiswick to drive RM 1993 to and from the Cemetery.

RM1993

Mark

Could you please email me.

metro425@btconnect.com

David

My bus number (if any): M1001 RML2276 T806