ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM 1912 sold in France

Bowlocks!! Just been told RM 1912 has been sold to someone else for use as a restaurant which is actually what it is configured for now. For info it has body B73 so a double shame, we had planned to return it to its former state, but would probably in time have sold it so it could have become a bar/cafe/restaurant again. People doing these projects are prepared to pay megabucks for the buses and fitting out. I can't understand why they don't use Titans and Metrobuses which have far more room for these projects, but its not for us to dictate to owners what they can do with their buses, so no silly comments please!!

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Re: RM 1912 sold in France

Brian

I take it this was the one with the flag disconnected

David

My bus number (if any): M1001 RML2276 T806

Yes it was David, if anyone is interested ex LT Titan T 442 is for sale near Paris for £5000 with dodgy gears.

My bus number (if any): RTL 960 RMC 1458 RM 1585 and several RTs

Or you could have T806 for £4500 with good gears and it is in the UK

My bus number (if any): M1001 RML2276 T806

Brian Watkinson
Bollocks!! Just been told RM 1912 has been sold to someone else for use as a restaurant which is actually what it is configured for now. For info it has body B73 so a double shame, we had planned to return it to its former state, but would probably in time have sold it so it could have become a bar/cafe/restaurant again. People doing these projects are prepared to pay megabucks for the buses and fitting out. I can't understand why they don't use Titans and Metrobuses which have far more room for these projects, but its not for us to dictate to owners what they can do with their buses, so no silly comments please!!

When you see the amount of Titans condemned to PVS Barnsley when they could indeed be spared the Cutter's torch and used for non-PCV projects it would make you weep. Having experienced the pleasure of driving my friend John Delaney's T252 for the first time this year, I know just how good a bus they are even if the steering is a little heavy. Routemasters are for preservation or Private Hires, Titans and Metrobuses are either for preservation or conversion.

My bus number (if any): RML2271