ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2011 Bus Rally and Diesel Gala

I hope my message is acceptable if not i expect someone will let me know.
I would like to draw attention to the 2011 Bus Rally to be held at Toddington in Gloucestershire.
Toddington is a preserved railway that is keen to host all sorts of events that not only bring in much needed revenue but also attracts younger people to carry on the work when some of us older folk are just a memory.
We have use of the Large parking area which is Tarmac,so no nasty surprises if it rains.
We have found that the shuttle buses we run between the Station and the nearby village of Broadway are very popular not only with the public but also with the wives of some exhibitors who don't share the same passion as their partners .
This year we will also be running buses to Winchcombe,the next station down the line towards Cheltenham.
As a Routemaster owner naturally i would like to see as many as possible turn up,but all makes are more than welcome.
If you need further info please contact me or look at the railways web site under events.
P.S
I don't know how some of you post these great long messages as this has taken me ages to type.

My bus number (if any): RML2478

2011 Bus Rally and Diesel Gala

When is it Graham?

Just wanted to also mention Peterborough Bus Rally 2011 which is on Sunday 10th July. It is associated with the Vintage Weekend at Nene Valley Railway which has steam and diesel traction, Road Traction and Showman's engines. There are also lineside mail exchanges with the Travelling Post Office coaches. A 15 minute historic bus services links the rally and the railway.

More details http://www.busrally.co.uk/

My bus number (if any): RMs 238, 471, 2213 and GS17

Re: 2011 Bus Rally and Diesel Gala

A bit of a senior moment there forgetting to give the date.
Unfortunately it is on the same day as Peterboro Bus Rally,Sunday 10th July.
Given that the 2 venues are quite some distance apart hopefully there should be enough buses and exhibitors to give both events a good showing of buses.
As with the Peterboro rally there will be both Steam and Diesel loco's running.
Two free tickets for unlimited train travel on the day will make up part of the welcome to Toddington for bus owners,also should you take part in our running day you will be reimbursed for fuel used.
On site there is the Flag and Whistle that serve snacks and Tea's and for those wanting something stronger a very nice pub within walking distance.
Or you could even ride to Broadway which has numerous Tea Rooms and shops.

Or,if bringing one's bus an expedition to see if it is capable of climbing Fish Hill at Broadway!

Have faith Roy.Fish hill is not as bad as it used to be at least now you get a run at it.And the view from the top when you coast over close to boiling point is worth it.Incidentally does anyone know whose Routie didnt make it to the top.All the locals gave me a lot of stick but it wasn't me gov honest.