ROOF

Thank you for visiting the Routemaster Owner and Operator's Forum (ROOF). Please feel free to use this forum for the mature discussion of any issues of interest and relevance to Routemaster owners. Please do not use this board to publicise your feelings about individuals, National or Local Government or TFL policy. Owners of other London bus types in service during the 1950s, 60s and 70s are also welcome to contribute to this forum.

Please note, the ROOF website no longer exists. The link from the Forum does not work anymore.  Useful information and links from the website has been posted to the Forum.

Please do not respond to abusive posts but notify ROOFmoderator 1@outlook.com.

ROOF
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RM963 For Sale in the US

I see RM963, the ex-Janet Foley of Washington State fully restored RM that was going to be re-imported back to the UK a couple of years ago by Steve Bunda, is for sale again on Ebay (USA) today.

Now stripped out for a cafe conversion (though the seller says he still has the seat frames and seating) it now sports an 'eco-frindly' bamboo floor. Another quality vehicle lost.

He ambitiously is looking for $125, 000 for the bus, which on today's exchange rate is £75, 500!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-1962-ROUTEMASTER-LONDON-DOUBLEDECKER-BUS-CATERING-TRUCK-/250804798408?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a652183c8

My bus number (if any): RLH62

Re: RM963 For Sale in the US

I am the X owner, restorer of RM963. Wondering if anyone knows her where abouts. She was in beautiful condition when she left me. I am so sad to hear that the restoration I had completed was "destroyed" with bamboo floors and all.

I love the bus, named her Essie. Sad to see her go. I met many wonderful people from the UK that helped in her restoration. Several spotters who came to my door.

A special Thank You to Paul Watson who helped me get it right an Bob Martin who encouraged me all along the way.

Thank you.

My bus number (if any): RM963

Re: RM963 For Sale in the US

When it was for sale in the ebay auction above it was somewhere in the Southern New York or Northern New Jersey area. I'll see if I can find out some more up to date info

My bus number (if any): RLH62